CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE PLAN
CLOSING UPDATE | MARCH 26
Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,
Grace and peace to you in the name of our risen Lord Jesus Christ. I am writing to you today to inform you that our Bishop Sharma D. Lewis has cancelled all in-person worship in United Methodist Churches in the Virginia Conference until April 19, which includes Holy Week and Easter services. This news saddens me, as I know it saddens you. All other in-person events and activities at Reveille are also canceled through April 19. We will, however, continue to offer worship, teaching, small groups, and prayer and fellowship time online until we can once again gather safely and be the Reveille we all know and love.
We will come through this. As Paul writes, “If God is for us, who can be against us?
We will keep you updated via email, on our website, and on our Facebook page.
KEEPING YOU CONNECTED
Even though Reveille is closed you can stay connected through online opportunities, including:
- Checking your email on Sundays to watch services from the “Surprised by Joy” series.
- Exploring our new children, youth, and adult pages for online classes and groups.
- Make a prayer request for someone in need.
- Continue to support ministry at Reveille by giving online.
- Be inspired by God’s word during this difficult time by receiving a daily devotion.
- Sign up to receive our weekly emails for the latest opportunities to stay connected.
- Follow our social media:Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
The CDC has a comprehensive website updated throughout the day with the latest news: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The Virginia Department of Health has a comprehensive website that provides guidance and an updated look at case numbers: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/surveillance-and-investigation/novel-coronavirus/
National Institutes of Health: https://www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus