Registration is now open for the next confirmation class taking place September 2019-May 2020 for rising eighth grade students (current seventh graders) and above. To sign up, please visit www.bit.ly/2019-confirmation-rumc.
Confirmation Class Expectations
- Attend worship weekly. Confirmation will sit together in worship on session weeks. Families are expected to attend worship together on other weeks.
- Serve five times in worship at 8:30, 9:00, or 11:00 am (acolyte, crucifer, read scripture, serve communion, etc.) during the course of confirmation this year.
- Attend alternative worship service to experience different styles of worship.
- Miss no more than 3 of the 17 confirmation Sunday sessions (attendance at the opening retreat is required so make sure your calendar is marked).
- Attend Sunday school a minimum of 10 times during the confirmation.
- Attend Youth Group a minimum of 12 times during the year.
- Complete 10 hours of missional service during the course of confirmation this year.
Each confirmand will meet with a clergy member (Doug, Stephen or Kelley) in April and May to discuss their joining the church and answer any questions confirmands may have.