Please mark your calendars especially for the following required events:
March 15-17 | Journey Middle School Retreat
May 19 | Confirmation Sunday
Confirmation 2019 Schedule
January 6, 13 (January 20, 27 – No Confirmation)
February 10, 24 (February 3, 17 – No Confirmation)
February 24 (Youth Sunday at 11:00 am service)
March 3, 24 (March 10, 17, 31 – No Confirmation)
March 15-17 Journey Retreat
April 14 (April 7, 21, 28 – No Confirmation)
May 19 – Confirmation Sunday
- Attend worship weekly. Confirmation will sit together in worship on session weeks. Families are expected to attend worship together on other weeks.
- Serve five times in worship at 8:30, 9:00, or 11:00 am (acolyte, crucifer, read scripture, serve communion, etc.) during the course of confirmation this year.
- Attend alternative worship service to experience different styles of worship.
- Miss no more than 3 of the 17 confirmation Sunday sessions (attendance at the opening retreat is required so make sure your calendar is marked).
- Attend Sunday school a minimum of 10 times during the confirmation.
- Attend Youth Group a minimum of 12 times during the year.
- Complete 10 hours of missional service during the course of confirmation this year.
Each confirmand will meet with a clergy member (Doug, Stephen or Kelley) in April and May to discuss their joining the church and answer any questions confirmands may have.
Confirmands have from September 8, 2018, until May 12, 2019 to complete the above worship, grow, and serve requirements.
I am available to answer any questions you may have about the above information. Please email, call or text me any time!
Director of Youth Ministries
Call or text Ansley's cell at (804) 347-8831