Confirmation Letter from Ansley
Dear Prospective Confirmation Families,
I am so excited to welcome your rising eighth grader (or older) to our next confirmation class.
To commit to our next class beginning on September 15, click here.
I have listed some of the information below. We are still finalizing all our improvements for this year's class, so this information is subject to adjustments, but this will give you an idea of what to expect.
We typically meet each Sunday morning during the Sunday school hour at 9:30 am. To prevent absences, we conveniently schedule the class around school holidays and youth events.
Please keep in mind that confirmation is really not as fruitful without family involvement. Your confirmand will not gain much from the requirements unless your whole family models worship attendance and faith development. So this is a great time to re-commit as a family to attending worship, attending Sunday school or a small group, reading your bible in front of your kids, and praying as a family. Parents are the most effective ministers to your children!
Additionally, please let me know if you already have a mentor in mind for your confirmand.
Please mark your calendars especially for the following required events:
September 15-16 | Confirmation Opening Retreat (Parent Meeting During Retreat Time TBA)
November 9-11 | Eagle Eyrie Middle School Retreat
March 15-17 | Journey Middle School Retreat
May 19 | Confirmation Sunday
Confirmation 2018-19 Schedule
September 15-16 – Confirmation Opening Retreat
September 23, 30
October 14, 21, 28 (Oct 7 – No Confirmation)
November 4, 18 (November 11, 25 No Confirmation)
November 9-11 Eagle Eyrie Retreat
December 2, 9 (December 16, 23, 30 – No Confirmation)
January 6, 13 (January 20, 28 – No Confirmation)
Feb 3, 10, 24 (February 17 – No Confirmation)
March 3, 24 (March 4, 11 – No Confirmation)
March 15-17 Journey Retreat
April 14 (April 7, 21, 28 No Confirmation)
April 28 – Youth Sunday
May 19 – Confirmation Sunday
- Attend worship weekly. Confirmation will sit together in worship on session weeks. Families are expected to attend worship together on other weeks.
- Serve five times in worship at 8:30, 9:30, or 11:00 am (acolyte, crucifer, read scripture, serve communion, etc.) during the course of confirmation this year.
- Attend alternative worship service to experience different styles of worship.
- Miss no more than 3 of the 17 confirmation Sunday sessions (attendance at the opening retreat is required so make sure your calendar is marked).
- Attend Sunday school a minimum of 10 times during the confirmation.
- Attend Youth Group a minimum of 12 times during the year.
- Complete 10 hours of missional service during the course of confirmation this year.
- March 2, the class as a group, with their mentors, will serve with CARITAS, hosting the guests by preparing and serving dinner, as well as playing games with them.
Each confirmand will meet with a clergy member (Doug, Stephen or Kelley) in April and May to discuss their joining the church and answer any questions confirmands may have.
Confirmands have from September 8, 2018, until May 12, 2019 to complete the above worship, grow, and serve requirements.
I am available to answer any questions you may have about the above information. Please email, call or text me any time!
Director of Youth Ministries
Call or text Ansley's cell at (804) 347-8831