IN-PERSON SMALL GROUP GATHERINGS
In-person small group gatherings are now permitted at Reveille. In order to meet, groups must apply at least two weeks prior to their requested meeting date. The application form is available below.
Reveille’s Healthy Church Team and staff have created the following procedures for small group in-person gatherings at Reveille. These procedures are based on The Technical Assistance Manual for Local Churches from the Virginia Annual Conference. Please review both the “In-Person Small Group Gathering Requirements” and the “Small Group Leader Responsibilities” prior to applying for a gathering.
If you have questions, please contact Terri Edwards.
IN-PERSON SMALL GROUP GATHERING REQUIREMENTS
- The leader of any Reveille group wishing to gather must apply two weeks in advance using the form on Reveille’s website.
- Gatherings will not exceed 50 people.
- All gathering attendees must register with the church at least four days in advance of the meeting date using a SignUpGenius form provided by the church.
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times, both indoors and outdoors. Attendees must provide their own masks.
- A minimum of six feet of physical space must be maintained between individuals not in the same household group at all times, both indoors and outdoors, including when in the parking lot.
- Verbal health acknowledgement will be required of all attendees at check in. Each attendee will be asked to verify:
- I have not had two or more of the following symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days: fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, persistent cough, flu-like symptoms, diarrhea or intestinal upset, fatigue, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, recent loss of taste or smell.
- I have not been in contact with anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (indentified in #1) in the past 14 days.
- I have not tested positive for COVID-19, nor am I awaiting test results, nor have I test positive and have not subsequently had complete resolution of COVID-19 symptoms.
- I will immediately notify the pastor if, after attending this event, I develop two or more symptoms of COVID-19, will avoid contact with others, and will seek medical attention.
- Temperatures will be checked using a no-touch thermometer at check in. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will not be permitted to enter.
- No shared food or drink will be allowed. Individuals may bring water for personal consumption. Water fountains will not be available.
- No materials may be handed out during the gathering.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and tissues.
- Access to the church building will be limited. Only designated spaces and restrooms will be available to the group.
- Zero tolerance for non-compliance. Individuals refusing to comply with these requirements will be asked to leave or the gathering will be ended and all in attendance must leave.
- Anyone who attends a gathering must notify the Lead Pastor if they develop two or more symptoms of COVID-19 or have a positive test result within two weeks after the gathering.
SMALL GROUP LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply for gathering two weeks in advance of desired meeting date
- Attend small group leader training via Zoom prior to gathering
- Send link to SignUpGenius form to group members so that they can register at least four days in advance of meeting date
- On day of gathering:
- Arrive 15 minutes in advance of start time to prepare
- Physically open door and allow in only members who have registered in advance
- Check in attendees using registration list provided by church, receiving verbal Health Acknowledgement from each person
- Checks temperature of each attendee and does not admit anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater
- Ensures members are wearing masks and continue to wear them throughout the gathering
- Verbally reminds attendees to practice social distancing, use hand sanitizer, and not touch their faces
- Ensures group members stay in designated space only
- Ensures social distancing rules are followed during the gathering
- Ensures that volunteers from the group clean all chairs, tables and other objects used during the gathering using the cleaning products supplied, and return all items to their original locations
- Stays until all members have exited
- If the group wishes to offer an option for virtual attendance in addition to in-person attendance, the leader is responsible for securing and setting up necessary equipment